Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/2128
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Large deflection of elastoplastic, non-linear strain-hardening cantilevers
- Huang, X.; Wang, B.; Lu, G.; Yu, T. X.
- This paper concerns the large deflection of elastoplastic, non-linear strain-hardening cantilevers of rectangular cross-section, for which the stress-strain relationship after yielding is described by - K1q. Both the bending moment and axial force are included in the yielding criterion, and the corresponding strain increments obey the associated normality rule. Comparisons between the experimental data and the theoretical predictions are made for mild steel cantilevers subjected to a tip force with an inclined angle - 67.5, 90 and 157° respectively. R easonable agreement is obtained. The theoretical analysis has described the large deflection behaviour of the cantilever and is in good agreement with tests.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. School of Engineering and Science
- Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, Vol. 216, no. 4 (Apr 2002), pp. 433-446
- Publication year
- Large deflection; Elastoplastic; Mon-linear strain hardening; Cantilever; Axial force; Bending moment
- Mechanical Engineering Publications
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2002 IMechE. Published version of the paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed