Home List of Titles Prediction of six or eight ears in a drawn cup based on a new anisotropic yield function
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/191252
- Prediction of six or eight ears in a drawn cup based on a new anisotropic yield function
- Yoon, J. W.; Barlat, F.; Dick, R. E.; Karabin, M. E.
- In this work, the recently proposed anisotropic yield function, Yld2004-18p [Barlat, F., Aretz, H., Yoon, J.W., Karabin, M.E., Brem, J.C., Dick, R.E., 2005. Linear transformation based anisotropic yield function, Int. J. Plasticity 21, 1009], is implemented in a finite element (FE) code for application to the cup drawing simulation of a circular blank sheet. A short review of the Yld2004-18p relevant features is provided and the stress integration scheme for its implementation in FE codes is described. The simulation of the drawing process is conducted for an aluminum alloy sheet sample (AA2090-T3). The predicted and experimental cup height profiles (earing profiles) with six ears are shown to be in excellent agreement. Additional simulations on a ficticious material are performed in order to show that the yield function Yld2004-18p can lead to the prediction of cups with eight ears. In order to achieve these results, a sufficient number of input data are required to calculate the yield function coefficients. Finally, a simplified analytical approach that relates the earing profile to the r-value directionality is also presented in this paper. It is shown that this approach can be very useful as a first approximation of the earing profile of drawn cups.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- International Journal of Plasticity, Vol. 22, no. 1 (Jan 2006), pp. 174-193
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0905 Civil Engineering; 0912 Materials Engineering; 0913 Mechanical Engineering
- Aluminum alloy; Anisotropy; Earing; Finite element method; Sheet forming; Yield function
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2005 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Peer reviewed