Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Orthotropic strain rate potential for the description of anisotropy in tension and compression of metals
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/191381
- Orthotropic strain rate potential for the description of anisotropy in tension and compression of metals
- Cazacu, Oana; Ionescu, Ioan. R.; Yoon, Jeong Whan
- In this paper, a macroscopic anisotropic strain rate potential, which can describe both the anisotropy and tension-compression asymmetry of the plastic response of textured metals is derived. This strain rate potential is the exact work-conjugate of the anisotropic stress potential CPB06 of Cazacu et al. (2006). Application of the developed strain rate potential to HCP high-purity alpha-titanium is presented.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- International Journal of Plasticity, Vol. 26, no. 6 (Jun 2010), pp. 887-904
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0905 Civil Engineering; 0912 Materials Engineering; 0913 Mechanical Engineering
- Anisotropy; Hexagonal materials; Hexagonal metals; Plasticity; Strain rate potential; Tension-compression asymmetry
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Peer reviewed