Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/191779
- Earing prediction in cup drawing based on non-associated flow rule
- Yoon, J. W.; Stoughton, T. B.; Dick, R. E.
- An anisotropic constitutive model based on Non-Associated Flow Rule (Non-AFR), which incorporates plane stress yield functions (Hill's quadratic function  and Yld2000-2d by Barlat et al. ), was implemented to finite element codes (ABAQUS, LS-DYNA 3D) by using User Material options. By using Non-AFR, Yld2000-2d is capable of predicting more than four ears which is possible only with Yld2004 by Barlat et al.  when used with an Associated Flow Rule. A short review of the Non-Associated Flow Rule was provided. Simulation of the cup drawing process for a rigid container sheet alloy using mini-die geometry was performed to show the cup height profile (earing profile) obtained from Non-AFR. The simulation results were compared with experimental earing profile data and it was shown that the simulations using Yld2000-2d and the Non-AFR led to the excellent prediction of the earing profile.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- AIP Conference Proceedings: proceedings of 'Materials Processing and Design: Modeling, Simulation and Applications', the 9th International Conference on Numerical Methods in Industrial Forming Processes (NUMIFORM '07), Porto, Portugal, 17-21 June 2007 / Jose M. A. Cesar de Sa and Abel D. Santos (eds.), Vol. 908, pp. 685-690
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0910 Manufacturing Engineering; 0913 Mechanical Engineering
- Anisotropy; Drucker postulate; Earing; Non-associate flow rule
- American Institute of Physics
- 1551-7616 (series ISSN)
- 9780735404151, 0735404151
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2007 American Institute of Physics.
- Peer reviewed