Home List of Titles Comparative investigation into the dynamic explicit and the static implicit method for springback of sheet metal stamping
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/191899
- Comparative investigation into the dynamic explicit and the static implicit method for springback of sheet metal stamping
- Lee, S. W.; Yoon, J. W.; Yang, D. Y.
- Two kinds of time integration methods; the dynamic explicit method and the static implicit method, have been compared, especially with emphasis on the shell formulations and the stress integration methods. Two methods have been applied to the benchmark problem named the S-rail stamping process, provided by NUMISHEET'96 committee, in order to compare their numerical results with each other and with the average values of the experiments as well. Based on the comparisons, it is shown that both time integration methods can be successfully applied to industrial sheet metal stamping simulations. In detail, the static implicit method is advantageous over the dynamic explicit method in terms of accuracy, while the latter is known to be more efficient than the former in terms of computation efficiency.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Engineering Computations, Vol. 16, no. 3 (1999), pp. 347-373
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0905 Civil Engineering; 0913 Mechanical Engineering
- Benchmarking; Deformation; Integration; Mapping; Springback
- MCB University Press
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © MCB University Press.
- Peer reviewed