Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/191916
- Yield and strain rate potentials for aluminum alloy sheet forming design
- Chung, Kwansoo; Barlat, Frederic; Yoon, Jeong-Whan; Richmond, Owen; Brem, John C.; Lege, Daniel J.
- In this paper, potentials that analytically describe the plastic behavior of orthotropic metals are reviewed. These potentials, yield functions or strain rate potentials were expressed in six-dimensional stress or strain rate spaces, respectively. Some of the recently developed potentials that are consistent with polycrystal plasticity models are briefly discussed and applied to computational analysis and design of sheet metal forming processes.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Metals and Materials International, Vol. 4, no. 4 (Aug 1998), pp. 931-938
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0912 Materials Engineering
- Anisotropy; Blank design; Plasticity; Sheet metal forming; Strain rate potential; Yield surface
- Korean Institute of Metals and Materials and Springer
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1998.
- Peer reviewed