Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/192036
- A new proof to Bautin's theorem
- Han, Maoan; Zang, Hong; Zhang, Tonghua
- As we know, Bautin proved that a focus of a quadratic system has order at most 3. We give a new and simple proof to this well-known result by using an elementary method. We also use the elementary method to give a necessary and sufficient condition for a quadratic system to have a center.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, Vol. 31, no. 1 (Jan 2007), pp. 218-223
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0102 Applied Mathematics; 0103 Numerical and Computational Mathematics
- Numerical analysis; Numerical methods; Bautin theorem; Elementary method; Theorem proving
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2005 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Peer reviewed