Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/192075
- Some bifurcation methods of finding limit cycles
- Han, Maoan; Zhang, Tonghua
- In this paper we outline some methods of finding limit cycles for planar autonomous systems with small parameter perturbations. Three ways of studying Hopf bifurcations and the method of Melnikov functions in studying Poincare bifurcations are introduced briefly. A new method of stabilitychanging in studying homoclinic bifurcation is described along with some interesting applications to polynomial systems.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Mathematical Biosciences and Engineering, Vol. 3, no. 1 (Jan 2006), pp. 67-77
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0102 Applied Mathematics
- Hilbert's 16th problem; Homoclinic bifurcation; Hopf bifurcations; Limit cycle; Melnikov function; Poincare bifurcations; Stability-changing
- American Institute of Mathematical Sciences
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2006.