Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Existence of travelling fronts in a diffusive vector disease model with spatio-temporal delay
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/192000
- Existence of travelling fronts in a diffusive vector disease model with spatio-temporal delay
- Peng, Yahong; Zhang, Tonghua; Tade, Moses O.
- In this paper, we study travelling front solutions of a vector disease model incorporating time delays and diffusion. Special attention is paid to the modelling of the time delays to incorporate the associated non-local spatial terms which account for the drift of individuals to their present positions from their possible positions at previous times. We shall show that such fronts exist for the weak generic delay kernel and sufficiently small delays by using geometric singular perturbation theory. Then, for the discrete-delay case, following Canosa's asymptotic analysis method, we give some information on travelling front solutions.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, Vol. 11, no. 4 (Aug 2010), pp. 2472-2478
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0102 Applied Mathematics
- Asymptotic analysis; Delay; Non-local effect; Perturbation techniques; Reaction diffusion systems; Reactiondiffusion system; Time delay; Travelling front; Travelling fronts; Vector disease model; Vectors
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.