Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Bifurcations of limit cycles from quintic Hamiltonian systems with a double figure eight loop
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/192047
- Bifurcations of limit cycles from quintic Hamiltonian systems with a double figure eight loop
- Zang, H.; Zhang, T.; Han, M.
- This paper deals with Liénard equations of the form x˙=y, y˙=P(x)+yQ(x,y), with P and Q polynomials of degree 5 and 4 respectively. Attention goes to perturbations of the Hamiltonian vector fields with an elliptic Hamiltonian of degree six, exhibiting a double figure eight loop. The number of limit cycles and their distributions are given by using the methods of bifurcation theory and qualitative analysis.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Bulletin des Sciences Mathematiques, Vol. 130, no. 1 (Jan-Feb 2006), pp. 71-86
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0101 Pure Mathematics
- Double figure eight loop; Heteroclinic bifurcation; Homoclinic bifurcation; Limit cycle
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2005 Elsevier SAS. All rights reserved.
- Peer reviewed