Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles On the number of zeros of the Abelian integrals for a class of perturbed Lienard systems
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/192060
- On the number of zeros of the Abelian integrals for a class of perturbed Lienard systems
- Zhang, Tonghua; Tian, Yu C.; Tade, Moses O.
- Addressing the weakened Hilbert's 16th problem or the Hilbert-Arnold problem, this paper gives an upper bound B(n) < 7n + 5 for the number of zeros of the Abelian integrals for a class of Lienard systems. We proved the main result using the Picard-Fuchs equations and the algebraic structure of the integrals.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, Vol. 17, no. 9 (Sep 2007), pp. 3281-3287
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0102 Applied Mathematics; 0103 Numerical and Computational Mathematics
- Abelia; Abelian integrals; Algebra; Algebraic structure; Bifurcation; Bifurcation (mathematics); Hilbert-Arnold problem; Integral equations; Lienard system; Limit cycle; Numerical analysis; Perturbation techniques; Problem solving
- World Scientific Publishing
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2007 World Scientific Publishing Company.
- Peer reviewed