Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles The IRIS rapid prototyping system selector for educational and manufacturing users
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/2178
- The IRIS rapid prototyping system selector for educational and manufacturing users
- Masood, Syed H.; Al-Alawi, Mazen
- The development of a number of rapid prototyping (RP) technologies with wide-ranging capabilities, features and applications has created a problem of selecting an appropriate RP system for engineering engineering educational institutions as well as manufacturing organisations intending to adopt this new technology. This paper presents an IRIS Rapid Prototyping System Selector (IRPS) for selection of a rapid prototyping system from among a wide range of RP systems commercially available from the RP manufacturers worldwide. The search routines give access to a large database built on entity relationship techniques to enable fast retrieval of information. The system is designed to be user-friendly, flexible and expandable, and can also he used as an educational tool for RP systems education due to its large information base on each specific RP machine.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Industrial Research Institute Swinburne
- International Journal of Engineering Education, Vol. 18, no. 1 (2002), pp. 66-77
- Publication year
- Dublin Institute of Technology, Tempus Publications
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2002 Tempus Publications.
- Peer reviewed