Home List of Titles Development of a donor driven assessment protocol in Western Australia based on experiences of living renal donors
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/192741
- Development of a donor driven assessment protocol in Western Australia based on experiences of living renal donors
- Williams, Anne M.; Broderick, Diane; O'Driscoll, Catherine; Elmes, Ros; Luxton, Grant; Mitchell, Andrew; Kristjanson, Linda J.; Colefax, Linda; Dawson, Sky; Delrivieve, Luc
- A new protocol for the selection and work-up of living renal donors has been developed in response to recent findings from a grounded theory study that explored the experiences of 18 donors in Western Australia. This protocol is designed to enhance the feelings of personal control by the donor over participation in the process and the potential outcome. It includes the coordination of the work-up process by a Clinical Nurse Consultant.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Nephrology Nursing Journal, Vol. 34, no. 1 (Jan-Feb 2007), pp. 66-70
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 1117 Public Health and Health Services
- Clinical protocols; Donor selection; Kidney transplantation; Living donor; Living donors; Needs assessment; Patient education; Program development; Psychological aspect; Social support; Tissue and organ procurement; Transplantation
- Jannetti Publications
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2007 American Nephrology Nurses' Association.
- Peer reviewed