Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/192813
- Femtosecond laser assisted etching of quartz: microstructuring from inside
- Matsuo, S.; Tabuchi, Y.; Okada, T.; Juodkazis, S.; Misawa, H.
- In quartz crystal substrates, microchannels were made by femtosecond laser assisted etching, i.e., irradiation of focused femtosecond laser pulses followed by wet etching. By the use of wet etching, the laser irradiated region was selectively etched out, and a microchannel was formed inside the quartz substrate. The laser irradiated region was found to be amorphous by transmission electron microscopy. Anisotropy in the etching rate inside the quartz was observed.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Applied Physics A: Materials Science and Processing, Vol. 84, no. 1-2 (Jul 2006), pp. 99-102
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0204 Condensed Matter Physics
- Crystalline SiO2; Etching; Femtosecond laser pulses; Irradiation; Microstructuring; Quartz
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Springer-Verlag 2006.
- Peer reviewed