Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Femtosecond laser structuring of As2S3 glass for erasable and permanent optical memory
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/193110
- Femtosecond laser structuring of As2S3 glass for erasable and permanent optical memory
- Juodkazis, Saulius; Rode, Andrei V.; Kondo, Toshiaki; Misawa, Hiroaki; Samoc, Marek; Luther-Davies, Barry
- The nonlinear absorption coefficient of As2S3 glass has been measured to be 2.0 cm/GW for femtosecond pulses at 800 nm. Femtosecond laser structuring via two photon absorption in bulk As2S3 glass by erasable and permanent photo-darkening is demonstrated using both holographic and direct multi-beam laser writing.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- MRS Proceedings: proceedings of the Materials Research Society Spring Meeting: Symposium I: Materials and Processes for Nonvolatile Memories II, San Francisco, United States, 10-13 April 2007, Vol. 997, pp. 357-362
- Publication year
- Absorption; Holography; Optical data storage; Photons; Multi beam laser writing; Nonlinear absorption coefficient; Permanent optical memory; Photo darkening; Ultrashort pulses
- Cambridge University Press
- 0272-9172 (series ISSN)
- 9781558999572, 1558999574
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2007 Materials Research Society.