Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/193080
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- High efficiency femtosecond source of entangled photons
- Jarutis, V.; Juodkazis, S.; Mizeikis, V.; Misawa, H.
- The method allowing enhance the eficiency of entangled photon sources based on Type II spontaneous parametric down conversion (SPDC) by means of mode inversion of one of the SPDC output beams is described. Overlap between the the entire signal in idler beams can be achieved using the mode inversion thus maximizing the SPDC photon pair yields. With this method, coincidence count rates as high as 60 kHz from a single 0.5 mm long bulk BBO crystal pumped by the second-harmonic radiation of a femtosecond Ti: Sapphire laser, were obtained.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the International Quantum Electronics Conference (IQEC 2005), Tokyo, Japan, 11-15 July 2005, pp. 1008-1009
- Publication year
- Femtosecond lasers; Photons; SPDC; Spontaneous parametric down conversion
- 9780780392403, 078039240X
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2005 IEEE. Published version of this paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed