Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/193371
- Is the nano-explosion really microscopic?
- Juodkazis, Saulius; Misawa, Hiroaki; Gamaly, Eugene G.; Luther-Davies, Barry; Hallo, Ludovic; Nicolai, Philippe; Tikhonchuk, Vladimir T.
- It is demonstrated that the processes leading to nano-void formation under single-pulse tight focusing in dielectrics are described by the same laws used to describe macroscopic explosions but with energies 10 21 times lower and space and time scales reduced by 10 7.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, Vol. 355, no. 18-21 (Jul 2009), pp. 1160-1162
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0912 Materials Engineering
- Laser-matter interactions; Pressure effects
- Elsevier B.V.
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Additional information
- The authors acknowledge support from a Grant-in-Aid from the Ministry of Education, Science, Sports, and Culture of Japan No.19360322.
- Peer reviewed