Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Three-dimensional circular spiral photonic crystal structures recorded by femtosecond pulses
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/193407
- Three-dimensional circular spiral photonic crystal structures recorded by femtosecond pulses
- Seet, Kock Khuen; Mizeikis, Vygantas; Juodkazis, Saulius; Misawa, Hiroaki
- Photonic crystal structures having three-dimensional (3D) circular spiral architecture have large theoretical photonic band-gap but cannot be implemented by most of the existing microfabrication techniques. We have successfully used a highly versatile 3D microstructuring technique called femtosecond laser microfabrication to prepare templates of the circular spiral photonic crystals in a commercially available photoresist SU-8. The structures fabricated have good structural quality, are highly periodic and exhibit spectral signatures of photonic bands dispersion in the short infrared wavelength region.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, Vol. 352, no. 23-25 (Jul 2006), pp. 2390-2394
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0912 Materials Engineering
- Laser lithography; Organics; Photonic band gap; Polymers
- Elsevier B.V.
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2006 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Peer reviewed