Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/193358
- Nanoparticle-enhanced photopolymerization
- Ueno, Kosei; Juodkazis, Saulius; Shibuya, Toshiyuki; Mizeikis, Vygantas; Yokota, Yukie; Misawa, Hiroaki
- Photopolymerization of commercial photoresist SU-8 assisted by plasmonic near-field enhancement in nanogaps separating gold nanoblocks was investigated. Photopolymerization rates enhanced by orders of magnitude were found in gold nanoblock structures with nanogaps narrower than 10 nm. The mechanisms responsible for local and nonlocal nonlinear photopolymerization of SU-8 are discussed.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Journal of Physical Chemistry C, Vol. 113, no. 27 (Jul 2009), pp. 11720-11724
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0303 Macromolecular and Materials Chemistry; 0306 Physical Chemistry (Incl. Structural); 0904 Chemical Engineering
- Gold nanoblocks; Nanoparticles; Near-field enhancement; Nonlinear optical interactions; Photopolymerization; Photoresist; SU-8
- American Chemical Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009 American Chemical Society.
- Additional information
- The authors acknowledge support from the KAKENHI Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research on the Priority Area 'Strong Photon-Molecule Coupling Fields' (No. 470 (No. 19049001)) and 20710068, and Grants-in-Aid from Hokkaido Innovation through Nanotechnology Support (HINTS).
- Peer reviewed