Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/193438
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 3 MB)|
- A 3-D metaphor for software production visualisation
- Panas, Thomas; Berrigan, Rebecca; Grundy, John
- Software development is difficult because software is complex, the software production process is complex and understanding of software systems is a challenge. We propose a 3D visual approach to depict software production cost related program information to support software maintenance. The information helps us to reduce software maintenance costs, to plan the use of personnel wisely, to appoint experts efficiently and to detect system problems early.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- YLEM Journal: Artists Using Science and Technology, Vol. 25, no. 4 (Spring 2005), pp. 7-11
- Publication year
- 3D metaphor; 3D visual approach; Data visualisation; Information visualisation; Program understanding; Program visualisation; Reverse engineering; Software cost estimation; Software development management; Software maintenance cost; Software production cost; Software production visualisation; Software system understanding
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2005. Published version reproduced here with the kind permission of the publisher.
- Full text