Home List of Titles A generic approach to supporting diagram differencing and merging for collaborative design
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/193421
- A generic approach to supporting diagram differencing and merging for collaborative design
- Mehra, Akhil; Grundy, John; Hosking, John
- Differentiation tools enable team members to compare two or more text files, e.g. code or documentation, after change. Although a number of general-purpose differentiation tools exist for comparing text documents very few tools exist for comparing diagrams. We describe a new approach for realising visual differentiation in CASE tools via a set of plug-in components. We have added diagram version control, visual differentiation and merging support as component-based plug-ins to the Pounamu meta-CASE tool. The approach is generic across a wide variety of diagram types and has also been deployed with an Eclipse diagramming plug-in. We describe our approach's architecture, key design and implementation issues, illustrate feasibility of our approach via implementation of it as plug-in components and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the 20th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE 2005), Long Beach, California, United States, 07-11 November 2005, pp. 204-213
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0803 Computer Software
- CASE tools; Collaborative design; Component based; Computer aided software engineering; Computer software; Differentiation tool; Generic approach; Merging; Meta-CASE; New approaches; Plug-ins; Team members; Text document; Text file; Version control; Visual differencing
- 9781581139938, 1581139934
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2005 ACM.
- Peer reviewed