Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/193615
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 1 MB)|
- Photo-structuring of As2S3 glass by femtosecond irradiation
- Juodkazis, Saulius; Kondo, Toshiaki; Misawa, Hiroaki; Rode, Andrei; Samoc, Marek; Luther-Davies, Barry
- The nonlinear absorption coefficient of As2S3 glass has been measured to be 2.0 cm/GW for femtosecond pulses at 800 nm. Femtosecond laser structuring via two photon absorption in bulk As2S3 glass by erasable and permanent photo-darkening is demonstrated using both holographic and direct multi-beam laser writing.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Optics Express, Vol. 14, no. 17 (Aug 2006), pp. 7751-7756
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0205 Optical Physics; 0903 Biomedical Engineering; 1113 Ophthalmology and Optometry
- As2S3 glass; Direct laser writing; Femtosecond laser pulses; Glass; Holographic recording; Irradiation; Nonlinear absorption; Photodarkening; Photons; Photo-structuring
- Optical Society of America
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2006 Optical Society of America. This paper was published in Optics Express and is made available as an electronic reprint with the permission of OSA. The paper can be found at the following URL on the OSA website: http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/oe.14.007751. Systematic or multiple reproduction or distribution to multiple locations via electronic or other means is prohibited and is subject to penalties under law.
- Additional information
- The authors acknowledge support of the Australian Research Council through its Federation Fellow and Discovery programs.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed