Home List of Titles Azimuthal correlation of photon pairs generated in spontaneous parametric down-conversion
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/193678
- Azimuthal correlation of photon pairs generated in spontaneous parametric down-conversion
- Jarutis, Vygandas; Juodkazis, Saulius; Mizeikis, Vygantas; Misawa, Hiroaki
- Correlations between the entire conical spatial modes of signal and idler beams in a type II spontaneous parametric down-conversion (SPDC) under ultrashort pulse pumping are examined experimentally and theoretically. Statistical properties and theoretical analysis of 'path-entangled' states formed using these beams suggest that the quantum state of SPDC photon pairs cannot be represented by a pure ensemble of identically prepared pairs.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Physical Review A: Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics, Vol. 76, no. 4 (Oct 2007), article no. 043845
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0202 Atomic, Molecular, Nuclear, Particle and Plasma Physics; 0204 Condensed Matter Physics; 0205 Optical Physics
- Azimuthal correlation; Optical pumping; Photon pairs; Photons; Spontaneous parametric down-conversion; Ultrashort laser pulses
- American Physical Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2007 The American Physical Society.
- Peer reviewed