Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Laboratory 'requirements & developments' for problem-based learning in electrical engineering
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/194484
- Laboratory 'requirements & developments' for problem-based learning in electrical engineering
- Arisoy, Hayrettin; Stojcevski, Alex
- Laboratory requirements in problem based learning are significantly different to laboratory requirements in traditional lecture-based teaching and learning. The technical support to problem-based learning requires a more hands-on approach as well as a more flexible timetable for laboratories. This paper describes the laboratory requirements and laboratory developments which have taken place within the School of Electrical Engineering at Victoria University, Melbourne Australia, to support the new problem-based teaching and learning curriculum. In addition the paper also describes the 'new' role of the technical support staff.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the International Conference on Engineering Education and Research (iCEER07), Melbourne, Australia, 02-07 December 2007
- Publication year
- Electrical engineering; Laboratory teaching; Problem based learning
- International Network for Engineering Education and Research
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2007 iNEER.
- Peer reviewed