Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/194798
- Analytical bond models between steel and normal modulus CFRP
- Liu, Hongbo; Zhao, Xiao-Ling; Al-Mahaidi, Riadh; Rizkalla, Sami
- This paper presents two bond models for joints between steel and normal modulus (240 GPa) CFRP. The first model is an empirical one based on the experimental results. The second one is built upon the model by Hart-Smith for adhesive bonded joints. It is called the modified Hart-Smith model in this paper. Two types of joints were studied. One is the double strap joint between steel plates and CFRP. The other is between steel circular tubes and CFRP. Both models gave reasonable predictions of the effective bond length and ultimate load carrying capacities.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Advances in Steel Structures, Shanghai, China, 13-15 June 2005 / Z. Y. Shen, G. Q. Li and S. L. Chan (eds.), pp. 1545-1552
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0905 Civil Engineering
- Bond length; Bond models; Carbon fibre reinforced polymers; CFRP; Circular tubes; Double strap joint; Load capacity; Steel plates
- 9780080446370, 008044637X
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2005.
- Peer reviewed