Home List of Titles Analytic hierarchy process based supplier selection framework for construction contractors
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/195489
- Analytic hierarchy process based supplier selection framework for construction contractors
- Palaneeswaran, E.; Ng, S. T.; Kumaraswamy, M.; Chan, W. H. K.
- The selection of the 'right' suppliers of construction materials is having a significant bearing on business sustainability and the reputation of construction contractors. Specific observations from prevailing practices in the construction industry have indicated several non-standard practices and unstructured approaches that could cause inefficiencies in best value realizations and in achieving healthy profit margins. An appraisal of supplier selection practices and the related preferences of Hong Kong-based construction contractors has been conducted through a series of targeted interviews and questionnaire surveys. An elaborate knowledge mining on aspects of supplier selection underpins the development of a structured supplier selection framework, using the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) approach. This paper presents (i) a consolidated summary of interim findings from this ongoing research exercise on supplier selection aspects and (ii) some basic highlights of the proposed AHP-based supplier selection system for construction contractors.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the Construction and Building Research Conference of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (COBRA 2006), London, United Kingdom, 07-08 September 2006 / Elaine Sivyer (ed.)
- Publication year
- Analytic Hierarchy Process; Construction contractors; Decision making; Supplier selection
- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © RICS, The Bartlett School, UCL and the contributors.
- Peer reviewed