Home List of Titles A user-centric mobile service creation approach converging telco and IT services
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/195633
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 676 KB)|
- A user-centric mobile service creation approach converging telco and IT services
- Yu, Jian; Falcarin, Paolo; Del Álamo, José M.; Sienel, Juergen; Sheng, Quan Z.; Mejia, José F.
- While new competitors are threatening the traditional business models of Telecommunications operators by providing their services directly to the customer, usercentric service creation paradigm brings new opportunities for operators to deliver diverse, attractive, and profitable services directly to the end-user. This paper discusses the service creation model, architecture and implementation in the European Union sponsored research project OPUCE (Open Platform for User-Centric Service Creation and Execution), which aims at enabling end-users to use their smart mobile devices for both creating and consuming personalized services.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Mobile Business (ICMB 2009), Dalian, China, 27-28 June 2009 / Xiangpei Hu, Eusebio Scornavacca, and Qing Hu (eds.), pp. 238-242
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0805 Distributed Computing
- Business models; Competition; End users; European Union; IT services; Mobile computing; Mobile devices; Mobile service; New opportunities; Personalised service; Profitability; Service creation; Service delivery platforms; Telecommunications operators; User-centric service; User-generated services
- 9780769536910, 0769536913
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009 IEEE. Published version of this paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed