Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Enhancement of second-order optical nonlinearity in photo-darkened Ge25Sb10S65 chalcogenide glass by femtosecond laser light
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/196104
- Enhancement of second-order optical nonlinearity in photo-darkened Ge25Sb10S65 chalcogenide glass by femtosecond laser light
- Liu, Wei; Zhang, Qiming; Liu, Liying; Xu, Lei; Xu, Yinsheng; Chen, Guorong
- The second-order optical nonlinearity of poled Ge25Sb10S65 chalcogenide glass was found to be 40–50% larger after femtosecond laser irradiation. The highest χ(2) was 11.4 pm/V. Raman spectral change indicated that centrosymmetric defects were created by fs light. These defects promoted the third-order optical nonlinearity of the glass and as a result, its second-order nonlinearity was also enhanced. The study shows that fs laser modification is an effective method of increasing the optical nonlinearity of photonic materials.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Optics Communications, Vol. 282, no. 10 (May 2009), pp. 2081-2084
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0205 Optical Physics
- Chalcogenide glasses; Femtosecond laser light; Nonlinear optical responses; Photo-darkening; Second-order optical nonlinearity
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Peer reviewed