Home List of Titles Application of genetic algorithms in the design of a solar array-exclusive standalone photovoltaic system
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/196469
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 228 KB)|
- Application of genetic algorithms in the design of a solar array-exclusive standalone photovoltaic system
- Tan, Zheng Hong; Shen, Weixiang
- In this paper a methodology for optimum design of solar array and battery bank for a solar array-exclusive standalone photovoltaic system using energy balance concept is presented. Long-term data of solar radiation obtained from Malaysian Meteorological Services Department and typical load requirement of a residential house in Malaysia are used. The constraint of system cost function based on loss of power supply probability (LPSP) is implemented using Genetic Algorithms. For a given desired LPSP, the optimum arrangement of solar array and battery bank that gives the minimum system cost is then determined.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Power and Energy Conference (PECon 2008), Johor Bahru, Malaysia, 01-03 December 2008, pp. 451-456
- Publication year
- Battery banks; Genetic algorithms; Loss of power supply probabilities; Malaysians; Optimum designs; Photovoltaic effects; Residential house; Solar array sizing; Solar cell arrays; Solar energy; Solar power generation; Standalone photovoltaic system; Sun; System costs
- 9781424424047, 1424424046
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2008 IEEE. The published version of the paper is reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed