Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/196894
- Bendable metallic sandwich plates with a sheared dimple core
- Seong, D. Y.; Jung, C. G.; Yang, D. Y.; Kim, J. H.; Chung, W. J.; Lee, M. Y.
- Most structured sandwich plates cannot be simply deformed by conventional forming operations. Bendable sandwich plates with a sheared dimple core were introduced to expand the application fields. The core shear strength increased as the gap between the attachment points decreased. This characteristic produces benefits, such as preventing face buckling and core shear failure. U-bending experiments have shown that the designed sandwich plates can be bent successfully with a drastically small relative bending radius (R / H) of 3.33.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Scripta Materialia, Vol. 63, no. 1 (Jul 2010), pp. 81-84
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0912 Materials Engineering
- Application fields; Bendable sandwich plate; Bending experiments; Bending radius; Brazing; Buckling; Core shear; Sandwich plates; Shear strength; Sheared dimple core; U-bending
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2010 Acta Materialia Inc.
- Peer reviewed