Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Harmonic and intermodulation distortion modeling in IM-DD multi-band radio over fiber links exploiting injection locked lasers
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/197768
- Harmonic and intermodulation distortion modeling in IM-DD multi-band radio over fiber links exploiting injection locked lasers
- Tartarini, Giovanni; Lena, Alessandra; Passaro, Davide; Rosa, Lorenzo; Selleri, Stefano; Faccin, Pier; Fabbri, Enrico Maria
- A comprehensive numerical tool has been developed for the evaluation of the performances of Radio over Fiber (RoF) links intended for wireless signal distribution.At the transmitter end an appropriate set of rate equations allows to model the optical source as a solitary laser or as an appropriately injection locked laser. The optical channel is modeled putting into account the combined effect of fiber dispersion, laser source non ideal performances (e.g. non-linear effects, frequency chirp), and quadratic detection of the receiving photodiode. The simulation model developed can be a useful tool at the design stage allowing a preliminary evaluation of the characteristics of real RoF links.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Optical and Quantum Electronics, Vol. 38, no. 9-11 (Jul 2006), pp. 869-876
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0205 Optical Physics; 0906 Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Computer simulation; Harmonic analysis; Injection lasers; Intercept points; Intermodulation; Laser chirps; Laser injection-locking; Laser mode locking; Mathematical models; Photodiodes; Radio over Fiber links
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2007 Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Peer reviewed