Search Swinburne Research Bank
This object has not yet been indexed by the background indexing service.
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/197744
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Design of all-solid leakage channel fibers with large mode area and low bending loss
- Saitoh, Kunimasa; Tsuchida, Yukihiro; Rosa, Lorenzo; Koshiba, Masanori; Poli, Federica; Cucinotta, Annamaria; Selleri, Stefano; Pal, Mrinmay; Paul, Mukul; Ghosh, Debasri; Bhadra, Shyamal
- We investigate a novel design for all-solid large mode area (LMA) leakage channel fibers (LCFs) for high-power Yb-doped fiber lasers and amplifiers, based on a single down-doped-silica rod ring surrounding a seven-cell pure-silica core, aiming for effectively single-mode behavior and low bending loss characteristics. Through detailed numerical simulations based on the finite element method (FEM), we find that the proposed all-solid LMA-LCFs, having a seven-cell core and two different sizes of down-doped rods, can achieve sufficient differential mode loss and much lower bending loss, as compared with a previously-reported LCF with a one-cell core and six large down-doped-silica rods.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Optics Express, Vol. 17, no. 6 (Mar 2009), pp. 4913-4919
- Publication year
- Optical Society of America
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009 Optical Society of America. Published version of the paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. This paper was published in Optics Express and is made available as an electronic reprint with the permission of OSA. The paper can be found at the following URL on the OSA website: http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/oe.17.004913. Systematic or multiple reproduction or distribution to multiple locations via electronic or other means is prohibited and is subject to penalties under law.