Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/197731
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 858 KB)|
- Octagonal large-mode-area leakage channel fiber with reduced bending loss
- Rosa, Lorenzo; Saitoh, Kunimasa; Koshiba, Masanori; Poli, Federica; Cucinotta, Annamaria; Selleri, Stefano; Vincetti, Luca; Pal, Mrinmay; Paul, Mukul; Ghosh, Debashri; Bhadra, Shyamal
- We investigate a novel design for high-power large-mode-area leakage channel fibers (LCFs) with a single octagonal dual-diameter air-hole ring encircling a nine-cell pure-silica core, having a tenfold differential mode loss and increased resistance to bending.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the Conference on Optical Fiber Communication (OFC 2010), San Diego, United States, 21-25 March 2010, paper no. OWK4
- Publication year
- Bending loss; Differential mode; Engineers; Fibers; High-power; Leakage channels; Novel design; Optical communication; Optical fibers; Silica; Silica cores
- Optical Society of America
- 9781557528841, 1557528845
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2010 Optical Society of America. Published version of the paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. This paper was published in the Proceedings of the 2010 Conference on Optical Fiber Communication and is made available as an electronic reprint with the permission of OSA. The paper can be found at the following URL on the OSA website: http://www.opticsinfobase.org/abstract.cfm?URI=OFC-2010-OWK4. Systematic or multiple reproduction or distribution to multiple locations via electronic or other means is prohibited and is subject to penalties under law.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed