Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/197876
- A briefing on the manufacture of hip joint prostheses
- Zhang, L. C.; Kiat, E. C. S.; Pramanik, A.
- To produce lifelong, harmless hip joint prostheses, considerable cross-disciplinary studies have been carried out. The research includes adaptability and sustainability of artificial materials to human body, selection of materials, precision fabrication and efficient replacement operation. This paper provides a brief review of some of these key aspects with some details in abrasive polishing.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Advanced Materials Research: incorporating proceedings of the 12th International Symposium on Advances in Abrasive Technology (ISAAT2009), Gold Coast, Australia, 27-30 September 2009 / Han Huang, Liangchi Zhang, Jun Wang, Zhengyi Jiang, Libo Zhou, Xipeng Xu and Tsunemoto Kuriyagawa (eds.), Vol. 76-78, pp. 212-216
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0912 Materials Engineering
- Abrasive polishing; Abrasives; Artificial material; Cross-disciplinary; Design; Hip joint prosthesis; Hip joints; Hip prostheses; Human bodies; Manufacture; Polishing; Precision fabrication; Prosthetics
- Trans Tech Publications
- 1022-6680 (series ISSN)
- 9780878493142, 087849314X
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009 Trans Tech Publications, Switzerland.
- Peer reviewed