Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/199889
- The film studio: film production in the global economy
- Goldsmith, Ben; O'Regan, Tom
- The Film Studio sheds new light on the evolution of global film production, highlighting the role of film studios worldwide. The authors explore the contemporary international production environment, alleging that global competition is best understood as an unequal and unstable partnership between the 'design interest' of footloose producers and the 'location interest' of local actors. Ben Goldsmith and Tom O'Regan identify various types of film studios and investigate the consequences for Hollywood, international film production, and the studio locations.
- Publication type
- Publication year
- Critical mass media; Film production; Film studios; Global economy; Location interest; Motion picture industry; Types of studio
- Rowman & Littlefield Publishers
- 9780742536807, 0742536807
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2005.
- Peer reviewed