Add to My Folder
Permanent link: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/200676
- Hackers squeeze BlackBerry for spilling juice on London riots
- The hacking of BlackBerry’s official blog by the mysterious collective TeaMp0isoN raises serious questions. This black-hat hacking group, founded in 2009, has so far claimed responsibility for more than 1,400 attacks, including the extraction and release of private information belonging to former British prime minister Tony Blair. The TeaMp0isoN hackers defaced the InsideBlackBerry blog - which publishes tips and news for the BlackBerry-user community - publishing a missive stating they were outraged by the intention of Research in Motion (RIM) - a BlackBerry manufacturer - to cooperate with UK police to identify looters and rioters.
- Publication Type
- Research Centre
- Swinburne University of Technology
- The Conversation, 11 August 2011
- Publication Year
Research in Motion;
- The Conversation Media Trust
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2011. This publication is licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 United States (CC BY-ND 3.0) licence (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/us/). The published version of the article is reproduced here in accordance with this policy.
- Full Text