Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Variable speed DFIG modelling and parameter dependency of initial transient response
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/201482
- Variable speed DFIG modelling and parameter dependency of initial transient response
- Billah, M. M.; Hosseinzadeh, N.; Ektesabi, M.
- A doubly fed induction generator (DFIG) as a part of a wind energy conversion system (WECS) is modelled in detail using d-q vector control approach.Apart from the constant speed,the variable wind speed operation is demonstrated by utilising simple SIMULINK blocks where the effectiveness of the controller is well established.It would be a useful alternative approach,different from other previous approaches where the complex statistical wind speed data is absent for experimental simulation model of DFIG based WECS.Later,initial transient response time for both fixed and variable wind speed and parameter dependency of transient time (including inertia constant) has been emphasised and demonstrated with different sets of parameter.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences
- Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics and Intelligent Transportation System (IEEE-PEITS), Shenzhen, China, 20-21 November 2010, Vol. 3
- Publication year
- DFIG; Double Fed Induction Generator; Variable speed drive
- Publisher URL