Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/204283
- Super-dense Al formed by ultrafast laser microexplosion
- Vailionis, Arturas; Gamaly, Eugene G.; Mizeikis, Vygantas; Yang, Wenge; Rode, Andrei V.; Juodkazis, Saulius
- We discovered a new super-dense bcc-Al phase formed in microexplosion induced by a femtosecond laser pulse focused in a bulk of sapphire. A mechanism for spatial separation of sapphire constituent aluminium and oxygen is proposed.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences. Centre for Micro-Photonics
- Proceedings of the 2011 Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics Europe and the 12th European Quantum Electronics Conference (CLEO EUROPE/EQEC 2011), Munich, Germany, 22-26 May 2011
- Publication year
- Aluminium; Femtosecond laser pulses; Micro explosions; Sapphire; Spatial separation
- 9781457705335, 1457705338
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2011.
- Peer reviewed