Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles The identification of photographic dyes in cultural materials using Raman spectroscopy
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/205095
- The identification of photographic dyes in cultural materials using Raman spectroscopy
- Di Pietro, G.; Mahon, P. J.; Creagh, D. C.; Newnham, M.
- The role of film archivists is becoming increasingly important as the amount of film in archival collections continues to rise. The detection and identification of photographic dyes using non-destructive methods such as Raman spectroscopy is explored. Interference from fluorescence appears to be a major problem during the analysis procedure and initial results will be presented detailing progress to date.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Non-Destructive Investigations and the Diagnostics and Conservation of the Cultural and Environmental Heritage, Lecce, Italy, 15-19 May 2005
- Publication year
- Dyes; Molecular Raman scattering; Photography
- Brescia, Italy
- 9788889758014, 8889758015
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2005.
- Peer reviewed