Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/206986
- At risk: female, single and ageing
- Sharam, Andrea; McFerran, Ludo
- What is missing in the current discussions of how to respond to the challenges of an ageing population and the provision of affordable housing is gender: an analysis which takes into account the policy implications of the fact that the ageing population will be largely female. This is important because, as the Human Rights Commission states, 'The most serious consequence of the gender gap in retirement savings is the likelihood of poverty for women in retirement'.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Around the House, no. 80 (Mar 2010), pp. 1, 12
- Publication year
- Ageing population; Gender; Housing; Housing affordability; Women
- Shelter NSW
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Shelter NSW Inc. 2010.