Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles A defection analysis of lapsed members of five sporting clubs: examining motivations and behaviours
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/208364
- A defection analysis of lapsed members of five sporting clubs: examining motivations and behaviours
- McDonald, Heath
- This paper reports on a survey that aimed to uncover more information about the motivations and future intentions of recently lapsed subscribers. 1,011 lapsed members across four Australian Football League (AFL) clubs and one Australian National Rugby League (NRL) club were surveyed. Analysis of the responses returned suggests that although these lapsed members report that they joined to financially support and feel more involved with the club, they let their membership lapse primarily due to an inability to attend games.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of 'Virtue in Marketing', the British Academy of Marketing Conference (BAM2004), Cheltenham, England, 06-09 July 2004 / Barry Davis and Janine Dermody (eds.)
- Publication year
- AFL; Australian Football League; Defection analysis; Lapsed members; National Rugby League; NRL
- University of Gloucestershire Business School
- 9781861741486, 1861741480
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2004.
- Peer reviewed