Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Dominant factors influencing overall temporal sedimentation rates at Loagan Bunut Lake, Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/209548
- Dominant factors influencing overall temporal sedimentation rates at Loagan Bunut Lake, Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
- Dagang, R. B.; Lau, S.; Sayok, A. K.
- This paper is to predict dominant factors influencing temporal sedimentation rates at Loagan Bunut Lake using best-fit model of sedimentation rate and distance from Bunut River. The lake is a flood plain lake located in Sarawak, Malaysia. Twenty two cylindrical traps were installed at the lake from November 2005 until April 2008. Each sample was collected after about four to five months of deployment. Dry sedimentation rates from the traps and the linear distances from Trap 1 located at the confluence of Bunut River were measured. The factors that influence the temporal sedimentation at the lake were both internal and external physical changes of the lake. The factors were net ws (net Stoke's settling velocity) and water volume in the lake for suspended sediment distribution.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Sarawak Campus
- Advanced Materials Research: Progress in Environmental Science and Engineering: selected papers from the 2011 International Conference on Energy, Environment and Sustainable Development (ICEESD 2011), Shanghai, China, 21-23 October 2011 / Hexing Li, Qunjie Xu and Daquan Zhang (eds.), Vol. 356-360, pp. 2406-2415
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0912 Materials Engineering
- Cylindrical traps; Environmental physics; Loagan Bunut Lake; Malaysia; Sedimentation rate
- Trans Tech Publications
- 1022-6680 (series ISSN)
- 9783037852675, 3037852674
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © (2012) Trans Tech Publications, Switzerland.
- Peer reviewed