Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Radiative and nonradiative decay rates in chromium-related centers in nanodiamonds
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/209529
- Radiative and nonradiative decay rates in chromium-related centers in nanodiamonds
- Castelletto, S.; Boretti, A.
- We address for the first time the measurement of nonradiative decay rates in Cr-related centers in nanodiamonds. Compared to our previous quantum efficiency measurement of Cr centers created in bulk diamond, separate measurements of radiative and nonradiative decay rates in grown nanodiamonds prove more challenging due to size dependence effects. We demonstrate in this Letter that, using defocused dipole imaging and collection efficiency calculation via finite-difference time-domain (FDTD), a quantum efficiency up to 0.9 can be inferred to Cr-related centers showing a 2-level system photon statistics.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences. Centre for Micro-Photonics
- Optics Letters, Vol. 36, no. 21 (Nov 2011), pp. 4224-4226
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0205 Optical Physics; 0206 Quantum Physics; 0906 Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Chromium centres; Nanodiamonds; Nonradiative decay rates; Radiative decay rates
- Optical Society of America
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2011 Optical Society of America.
- Peer reviewed