Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/210348
- Clearing overloads in power transmission systems: a knowledge-based approach
- Negnevitsky, M.; Le, T. L.
- This paper describes an expert system application for clearing emergency overloads in a power transmission system. A method employing the network sensitivity factors is used to determine appropriate control actions and the amount of correction required to clear the overloads. The expert system developed on the basis of the commercial package VP_EXPERT. VP_EXPERT provides interactions with a power flow analysis package to calculate network sensitivity factors and line flows, and other external programs and databases. The rules for clearing overloads are introduced and the proposed approach is demonstrated on the six-bus and AEP 57-bus power system.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology
- International Journal of Power and Energy Systems, Vol. 19, no. 2 (1999), pp. 186-192
- Publication year
- Computational methods; Computer software; Database systems; Electric load flow; Electric load shedding; Electric power system protection; Electric power transmission networks; Expert systems; Overvoltage protection; Power flow analysis; Sensitivity analysis; Software package VP EXPERT
- ACTA Press
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1999.
- Peer reviewed