Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/210537
- Analysis of spray cooling heat flux
- Liu, G. W.; Morsi, Y. S.; van der Walt, J. P.
- A simple model is proposed to predict the spray cooling heat flux which takes evaporation as the most important factor in the process. The model is capable of predicting spray cooling heat flux during different heat transfer regimes. Furthermore, a correlation is given for predicting the evaporation ratio of the spray cooling involved in the high-pressure die-casting process.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. School of Engineering and Science
- Journal of Heat Transfer, Vol. 121, no. 3 (1999), pp. 742-745
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0904 Chemical Engineering; 0913 Mechanical Engineering; 0915 Interdisciplinary Engineering
- Cooling; Correlation methods; Die casting; Evaporation; Heat flux; Heat transfer; Impingement; Mathematical models; Spray cooling; Sprays
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1999 The American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Peer reviewed