Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Effect of additives on gelatinization, rheological properties and biodegradability of thermoplastic starch
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/210572
- Effect of additives on gelatinization, rheological properties and biodegradability of thermoplastic starch
- Yu, L.; Christov, V.; Christie, G.; Gray, J.; Dutt, U.; Harvey, T.; Halley, P.; Coombs, S.; Jayasekara, R.; Lonergan, G.
- Effect of additives on the starch gelatinization was governed by the processing conditions. The order-disorder transition of starch in water can occur in more than one way and the effect of polar additives on gelatinization can also be in more than one way. The additives appear to be plasticising thermoplastic starches, resulting in improving rheological properties. The thermoplastic starches with the additives are all biodegradable although the rates of biodegradability are slightly different.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology
- Macromolecular Symposia, Vol. 144, no. 1 (Oct 1999), pp. 371-374
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0303 Macromolecular and Materials Chemistry
- Additives; Gelatinisation; Thermoplastic starch
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1999 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
- Peer reviewed