Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/210864
- A database of Tully-Fisher calibrator galaxies
- Macri, Lucas M.; Huchra, John P.; Sakai, Shoko; Mould, Jeremy R.; Hughes, Shaun M. G.
- We present BVRI surface photometry of spiral galaxies suitable for the absolute calibration of the Tully-Fisher relation. Galaxies were observed at the Fred L. Whipple Observatory (FLWO) 1.2 m, the Mount Stromlo and Siding Spring Observatory (MSSSO) 1 m, and the Cerro Tololo Inter-American Observatory (CTIO) 1.5 m telescopes from 1994 to 1999. The surface photometry measurements were carried out using the SFOTO package. We also present new derivations of 20% and 50% 21 cm line widths for most of these galaxies, based on existing profiles.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- The Astrophysical Journal Supplement Series, Vol. 128, no. 2 (Jun 2000), pp. 461-468
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0201 Astronomical and Space Sciences; 0305 Organic Chemistry; 0306 Physical Chemistry (Incl. Structural)
- Distance scale; Galaxies: fundamental parameters; Galaxies: kinematics and dynamics; Galaxies: photometry
- University of Chicago Press
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2000 The American Astronomical Society. All rights reserved. The American Astronomical Society does not allow institutions to archive either the accepted manuscript or the published version of the article.
- Peer reviewed