Home List of Titles Flexural performance of CFRP textile-retrofitted RC beams using cement-based adhesives at high temperature
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/211035
- Flexural performance of CFRP textile-retrofitted RC beams using cement-based adhesives at high temperature
- Hashemi, S.; Al-Mahaidi, R.
- Strengthening of concrete structures with epoxy-bonded FRP composites is suitable for environments where the temperature is well below the glass transition temperature of the epoxy adhesive, Tg, which is normally in the range of 55-60°C. It is very beneficial if cementitious mineral-based bonding agents replace epoxy adhesives in order to produce a fire-resistant strengthening system.Tests conducted by the authors have already shown that excellent reinforcement action can be achieved using cement-based adhesives. Tests included in the current paper include the heat endurance of CFRP textile-retrofitted RC beams under constant service load. The strengthened RC beam with cement-based adhesive showed a considerable improvement in flexural performance at high temperature compared to the specimens with epoxy. The specimens with cement-based adhesive failed at temperatures nearly double of that with epoxy-based adhesive.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences
- Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 28, no. 1 (Mar 2012), pp. 791-797
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0905 Civil Engineering; 1202 Building
- Cement-based adhesives; Fibre reinforced polymers; Fire resistance; FRP; High temperature exposure; Retrofitting; Strengthening
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2011 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Peer reviewed