Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/211079
- The absolute calibration of the NIR Tully-Fisher relation
- Macri, Lucas; Mould, Jeremy; Huchra, John; Chester, Thomas; Cutri, Roc; Jarrett, Thomas; Mader, Jeff; Schneider, Stephen; Skrutskie, Michael
- We present an absolute calibration of the near-infrared Tully-Fisher relation, based on observations obtained at the Fred Whipple Observatory 1.2-m telescope and the Siding Spring Observatory 2.3-m telescope. We derive new template T-F relations by combining 2MASS photometry and published 21-cm linewidths and inclinations. We present preliminary results of a long-term program to map the peculiar velocity field of the Local Supercluster and its environs. Lastly, we compare our surface photometry with that of the 2MASS Large Galaxy Atlas.
- Publication type
- Conference poster
- Poster presented at 'Maps of the Cosmos', the 216th IAU Symposium, Sydney, Australia, 14-17 July 2003
- Publication year
- 2MASS Large Galaxy Atlas; Fred Whipple Observatory; Siding spring Observatory; Tully-Fisher relation
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2003.