Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Searching for space-time variation of the fine structure constant using QSO spectra: overview and future prospects
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/211155
- Searching for space-time variation of the fine structure constant using QSO spectra: overview and future prospects
- Berengut, J. C.; Dzuba, V. A.; Flambaum, V. V.; King, J. A.; Kozlov, M. G.; Murphy, M. T.; Webb, J. K.
- Current theories that seek to unify gravity with the other fundamental interactions suggest that spatial and temporal variation of fundamental constants is a possibility, or even a necessity, in an expanding Universe. Several studies have tried to probe the values of constants at earlier stages in the evolution of the Universe, using tools such as big-bang nucleosynthesis, the Oklo natural nuclear reactor, quasar absorption spectra, and atomic clocks (see, e.g. Flambaum & Berengut (2009)).
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies. Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing
- Memorie della Societa Astronomica Italiana (Journal of the Italian Astronomical Society): incorporating proceedings Joint Discussion 9, the 27th IAU General Assembly, Rio de Janeiro, 10-11 August 2009, Vol. 80, no. 4 (2009), pp. 795-801
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0201 Astronomical and Space Sciences
- Absorption systems; Constants; QSO spectra; Space-time variation
- Italian Astronomical Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009 SAIt.